Curator Picks - 5/31

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm taking care of the girls by myself as Ted has been in Chicago all week, so posts are appearing a little later than usual. Our apartment looks like a toy box exploded and our kitchen is piled high with dishes. I have to let these things go a little and snap them back to attention when the two little ones are slumbering. Of course then an hour into the next day everything is back out again ... sigh.


Interior design:

I love Dwell Studio's bedding and baby clothes and now that they are opening their flagship store on Wooster street in Soho tomorrow I'm going to have trouble not running down there during my lunch break. If I did I'd be unable to resist this lemon zebra pillow.

I liked this post today by Paloma over at La Dolce Vita about rules for your living room. She features photographs of several beautiful formal living rooms and talks about what is and isn't realistic about each room.



Fashion/style:

As usual, A Beautiful Mess has a huge giveaway for May. Their last giveaway inspired me to take my photography class at Bella Pop. Wonder what this one will do? You could win a prize package valued at over $1000! From bags to jewelry to gift cards, it's definitely one that I'm entering.

I want this red and white striped infinity neck scarf from Nurlu on Etsy. I think it would be perfect for a breezy summer evening or a chilly autumn day. Found via Swissmiss today.



Food:

I don't know about you, but I've never used my broiler. In fact, I'm not even sure where it is in my oven. Is it the drawer underneath or is it just the bottom level of the oven? Kate at From Me to You has inspired me to give it a try (once I find the bloody thing) with her recipe for Broiled Salmon and Asparagus with Feta.

Erin at The Forest Feast has wooed me again with a memorial day bbq meal including a Cauliflower Fennel Salad, two ingredients that I'm really into at the moment. I bet these two taste amazing together.

2 comments:

  1. But, you still find time to provide awesome finds to the readers. We should just call the trail of toys and dishes a 'beautiful mess'

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to discover this great site. I wanted to thank you for your time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you saved to fav to see new stuff in your site.
    Feel free to surf my page ; Asics Gel-Kinsei 2

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger