Curator Picks - 5/7

Monday, May 7, 2012

I waited breathlessly on Saturday morning for the clock to strike 11 so I could log on to One Kings Lane to participate in the sale of items from Albert Hadley's Manhattan and Greenwich homes. It felt a little sick to be so eager to purchase a dead man's things, but this was no ordinary man and these were no ordinary things. 17 minutes in and some of the most expensive items were gone, including his bed (!!), a Mark Scharillo sunburst mirror (went for $8,999) and several incredible works of art. Half the fun was refreshing the site to see what people had snapped up or reserved by putting in their carts. For my part I was able to purchase his baking dishes. Check them out here on Pinterest. I wanted something small and I felt like baking dishes are a very intimate and well loved part of the kitchen collection. These dishes have probably seen some very well-heeled members of society in their time and I will think of Albert Hadley every time I use them. By the way, there are still some pieces of his furniture and art left on One Kings Lane, the sale lasts until tomorrow.

Food:

Strawberries are making their appearance at the farmers market, Union Square had some small ones today and in honor of their emergence Erin at The Forest Feast features a Strawberry Mint Julep on her site.

I think I've mentioned my enemy, meringue, before. Well it's only my enemy when I'm the one who has to make it, but if I could just find someone to make these pretty May Meringues featured in the first May edition of Playing with Food on Decor 8 then I'd be happy, happy, happy!

Do you read What Liberty Ate? Gabriela blogs from Romania and also puts together a digital magazine. Issue Two just came out and Holly over at Decor 8 was raving about it so I had to go check it out. She's truly an amazing photographer and her recipes look yummy too. I'm a fan of the blog but hadn't seen the magazine yet. I can only imagine the amount of work that went into this.

Fashion/style:

And finally, I love everything about this outfit on The Sartorialist. Tweed! Silver! Stripes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger