Curator Picks - 5/9

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dark days call for the soft sounds of the cello master Zoe Keating. But, really who am I kidding? Bright days call for her too. If you don't listen to her already, I hope you check her out. She's pretty incredible and her music has the power to transport.


Fashion/Style:

A new find for me, the lovely Kinsey over at Sincerely, Kinsey has a cute t-shirt giveaway from Zooey Magazine. Also if you purchase a t-shirt, Zooey will donate a portion to Friends of Animal Foundation, a no-kill shelter.

Food:

I'm definitely trying out this pizza topping combination this week: Strawberry Balsamic Bacon Pizza on Annie's Eats. Annie was also the inspiration behind the black and white cookies you'll see in the next entry!

It took me a long time to come around to black and white cookies, they are such a New York tradition but always seemed so sickly sweet and heavy to me. Something changed recently (maybe I passed a magic threshold of time spent living in NYC?) and now I totally love them. A Beautiful Mess gave the traditional black and white cookie a twist today with a recipe for a brown version using butterscotch. Yum!

Interior Design:

Love the photos on i suwannee today (of the store Furbish in North Carolina) - and not only because she has a shot of Good Bones, Great Pieces by the lovely Suzanne and Lauren! On another note, not loving North Carolina's opinion on other things.

That's it for today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger