Curator Picks - 6/20

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Well blisteringly hot it is. Appropriate that today is the first day of summer. I think the soles of my shoes melted into the pavement as I scurried from one shady part of the block to another.

Food:

I don't want to turn on my oven for very much time (if at all) today, and I doubt you do either, so this Tomato and Polenta Pie from Fig & Fauna would be perfect.

Mmmmm is all I have to say about this Ricotta Cinnamon and Sugar Danish from Adrianna over at A Cozy Kitchen.

This is an older post from Apartment Therapy's The Kitchn, but I'm totally buying some extra mason jars and putting steel cut oats in them as a great breakfast option during the week. I'm guilty of the easy pastry grab downstairs at our local cafe every morning. This way I can put together 5 jars of oatmeal at the beginning of the week and take one to work every day. Drizzled with some honey and sprinkled with hazelnuts this would be a delicious and healthier option.

Fashion/style:


Summer sandal roundup from Anne at City Sage (who is celebrating her last issue as executive editor of Rue). I'd go for these Matt Bernson two tone strappy ones.

Interior design:


Giveaway from I Heart Organizing for a cool shelf organizing gadget (that holds up to 40 cans of food!) from Shelf Reliance. Just think of how far that would go in a tiny kitchen!



I've walked past this sculpture a thousand times but I loved the juxtaposition of this guy gazing out from Union Square Park this morning. Bet he never thought he'd be gazing at skyscrapers from horseback for all of eternity.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger