Coming back after the weekend

Monday, July 23, 2012

A lovely weekend was had by all. Sorbet was consumed, some magical pea risotto with vermouth was made, new running shoes were bought, and plenty of outdoor activities were enjoyed. It was an especially blissful one for us and I hope you all had the same.

If you work outside of the home, do you find it easier or harder to come back after an especially good weekend?

Food:

I'm so intrigued by moody, dark food photography and I was excited to read this guest post on Gourmande in the Kitchen today. It's all about manipulating your images during and post shooting to get the look you want. I'm going to practice on some images soon and come back here to show you my new improved skillz.

It's all about peaches this week - they are overflowing in the farmers market, so soft and ripe that they bruise if you just breathe on them. Well how about using them for some lovely Peaches 'n Cream Pancakes from A Cozy Kitchen today?

Or some Peach, Tomato, and Mozzarella Crostini from Joy the Baker?

Interior design:

Oh my god. A free Jonathan Adler for Kohler sink? Didn't I just blog about how much I loved these? Well, Jon and Sherry at Young House Love must have been reading my mind because today they have a giveaway to win one of these beautiful sinks!! I'm torn between the deep annapolis navy or the palermo blue.

When I need inspiration for my home, I look no further than I Heart Organizing. Today, Jen's post on redoing her dresser in a fabulous navy blue with white hardware has me all a flutter. It turned out beautifully and gives me hope that I can do the same with furniture in my place.

Head over to Bleubird to enter a giveaway for a lovely hand wrapped pendant light from Chalk White Arrow.

That's it people. See you here tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Damn, I think I might have fallen into a rabbit hole after clicking over to I Heart Organizing's site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! Yes, be careful - you may never come back.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger