Curator Picks - 7/5

Thursday, July 5, 2012

I hope you in the US had a lovely holiday yesterday!

Fashion/style:

I teared up watching this simply gorgeous video made by Andrew and Carissa for volume 4 of the always inspiring Kinfolk magazine. It's about finding the essence of summer, and drilling life down to the bare essentials. Beware, if you live in the middle of NYC you may get a little jealous watching this video. But I don't care, cause I've already watched it at least 15 times. (Originally found via Creature Comforts.)

Check out Miss Moss today for a totally clever fashion comparison between Givenchy's latest collection and the costumes in Game of Thrones. Spot on!

Another good post on Cup of Jo today about balance between children and work. I loved former editor of the awesome Cookie magazine Pilar Guzman's take on her job balance. Her quip about having a "little person breathing through the crack of the door when I'm in the bathroom" made me laugh.

Food:

There is a giveaway on The Everygirl for a Zoku Ice Pop Maker from Williams Sonoma. The last thing I need is another machine cluttering up my limited kitchen counter space, but I'd probably sacrifice it for this, oh this and a stand mixer. But that's another story.

I want to make and serve these Cucumber Mint sandwiches found on Sunday Suppers today. I feel like I'd need to have some guests in the house before I made them though. Otherwise I'd leave the crusts on.

I'm not sure I'm ready to think about autumn baking yet, but when I am, I'm pulling out this recipe for  Cider Caramel Apple Pie from Honey & Jam (also featured on Cup of Jo today).

Yumm, check out these Brown Sugar Blueberry cookies from A Cozy Kitchen. Full blueberries popping out of a puffy cookie - sounds like the perfect partner for my cup of tea.


See you tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger