Hoping for cool breezes

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

 Sunflower from my walk through the market this morning
Are any of you watching The Newsroom on HBO? We are two episodes in and loving it. The dynamic between Jeff Daniels and the smart as a whip Emily Mortimer is a really interesting one to watch. I can barely wait until the little ones are in bed before snuggling down for another episode.

Also, as I write this, the thunder is crashing down outside, the violence of the thunder seems appropriate for the oppressive heat we've been having all week. Looking forward to feeling a bit of a breeze through my window tonight.

Interior design:

Jenny has a giveaway today of an abstract painting from acclaimed artist Jessie Mackay. Just leave a comment on Little Green Notebook to enter.

Holly at Decor8 picked her 10 favorite items from the amazing home store Rowan and Wren. From dreamy couches to oil paintings I'm seriously coveting every single one of them.

Fashion/style:

Need a getaway? Or perhaps you're just sitting at your office desk (like me) dreaming of a holiday. If so, check out these insane hotel pools from around the world on Apartment Therapy today.

Giveaway on Cup of Jo today for pretty pink dress from Confetti by Alice Cheng. Just leave a comment here.

Food:

Head over to Spoon Fork Bacon to congratulate them on their upcoming book! Tiny Food Party is being published by Quirk this fall, I'm already pre-ordering my copy.

Check out this creamy mushroom risotto from Stacey on Veggie Mama today. She shares some interesting tips about cooking risotto (something I've tried my hand at and failed about 50% of the time).


Ok, I'm off to steal an umbrella from someone in the office.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger