Over the hills and far away

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

In just two days I'll be boarding a plane to London. I'm a little frantic about packing my things and traveling by myself with a 3 year old, but other than that I'm crazy excited about this last-minute little trip. And you better believe I'm going to instagram the sh#t out of London, so make sure to follow along with me, username: @dervlakelly or view online via Statigram.

Interior design:

Victoria at SF Girl by Bay found this incredible light-filled home outside of London that is currently being rented out for photo shoots. If I had a million dollars (okay it probably costs a lot more than that) I'd buy it and probably not change a thing!

Going gaga over the colors in this rad beach house over at House of Fifty. It's probably a bit too bright for year-round living but I could definitely see myself kicking back here for the summer. Pinning for my future beach house inspiration.

In celebration of her 3 year blogging anniversary, Ann Marie at White House Black Shutters is giving away a Canon Rebel T3 DSLR! Head over to her blog to enter.

Giveaway for a $500 gift certificate to The Honest Company at Young House Love. Co-founded by Jessica Alba, this home product company is all about the health of the environment and the non-toxic cleanliness of your house. I think there's a lot I could spend $500 on.

Fashion/style:

Do you look at Beyonce's tumblr? It's just photos of her hanging out with her friends or striking a silly pose in front of objects, but I'm finding it strangely addicting (found via i suwannee).

Food:

You might think something called a slab pie wouldn't be too appetizing, but isn't it always the food with the ugly names that turn out to taste the best? I was going to give you some examples but now I can't think of any. I'll be back, I promise. In the meantime, check out this Chocolate Triple Berry Slab Pie from Todd and Diane at White on Rice Couple. It promises to be the most delicious dessert even with that ugly name. Poor slab pie.


Finally, if you've had a rough day, or simply need some peace, head to La Porte Rouge for some breathtaking photographs of foggy days and some beautiful words. I'll see you over there.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today! I am very flattered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time in London (the city i grew up in!), can't wait to see your instagram shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Beyonce's tumblr. Yessssesssesssss celebrity fix!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger