What am I forgetting?

Wednesday, December 12, 2012



December is flying by. I don't remember it rushing this fast in previous years. I want to step out of the motion for a second or two, like they do in movies, and take a second to walk around my frozen landscape, admiring the life I've built this year. I feel certain there are some traditions I'm supposed to be remembering, or some rituals I should be enjoying in the midst of the usual daily rush. I know there's something I'm forgetting and it's making me itch.

Food:

Ok, we don't have snow to frolic around in just yet, but when we do, I'm planning on making this hot buttered rum from Ashley at Not Without Salt. I probably don't even have to wait for snow, in fact, to hell with it, I'm making it this weekend.

In case any of you readers out there are food bloggers, check out Cookie + Kate for Kate's food photography tips. I was on the verge of buying a new lens for my beloved Nikon and now she's pushed me in the right direction.

Enter to win a copy of the glorious Food 52 Cookbook and a chiles of the world spice set from their shop (which I didn't even know about!) on The Wednesday Chef.

Interior design:

Beautiful design blog and shop Herriott Grace is turning four! Head over to congratulate Nikole Herriott and her father and enter their giveaway to win a handmade wooden cake pedestal and some other lovely goodies from their shop.

Jo of Desire to Inspire found this unusual Australian home and I'm drooling over the pops of turquoise in the living room and shiny wooden floors.

Brittany of The House that Lars Built is moving from Denmark to the US. To celebrate her move, she's hosting a series of giveaways of Danish design items for your home. I just entered this one on her site that would fill my home with color and style if I won. So you should too.

Oooh, how cute are these DIY color blocked wooden spoons from A Cozy Kitchen? What a beautiful (and easy) gift to bring to a party this year!

Fashion/style:

I want one of these scarves from Muny. Lena Corwin is giving away one to a reader, just tell her which one you like!

I REALLY want to win this cozy mohair throw from Serena & Lily. Just travel to The Every Girl to enter to win.

December's Lonny is here! Curling up with this over the weekend for sure. As much as you can curl up with an iPad, that is.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger