Black hole

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My new fish eye lens makes me feel like I'm falling down the rabbit hole.



Sometimes when I'm on a search for new material for the blog, I find myself clicking on blog links on someone's page and before I know it, I'm 50 clicks away from the original page and I'm falling down, down, down the rabbit hole.

The internet is a black hole, man.

Fashion/style

Do you guys read Katie Armour's blog? She's the editorial director of Matchbook Magazine. Her blog is full of chic ideas and wonderful snippets of life in Manhattan. And she also has a good eye for blogs herself, she connected me to London-based fashion blogger Carrie at Wish Wish Wish. Sorry, i know I'm pushing you down the rabbit hole again!

Lonny's new year issue is live! There's a home in there belonging to Houston-based antiques dealer, Kay O'Toole that's totally killing it.

Food

I really really want to get into a more healthy breakfast habit. It's becoming all to easy to chose the pastry at my downstairs cafe rather than something like oatmeal, granola, or even a smoothie. I'd like to try this green apple and spinach smoothie from A Beautiful Mess. Somehow the addition of coconut makes it seem a bit more drinkable to me.

Or perhaps this cardamom maple olive oil granola from Butter Me Up Brooklyn!? To be honest, I'll pretty much throw myself at anything with cardamom in the title.

I love crepes and I love lemon curd. Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere has combined the two into a yummy looking treat.

I'm known for my avid love of cupcakes, and I just realized I haven't made them in ages. Thinking about getting back on the saddle (in the saddle?) with these Irish coffee cupcakes from Jonathan at The Boys Club.

Interior design

Oooh, Jen of I Heart Organizing is hosting home office week on her blog and this one totally caught my eye. I loved every little detail, from the labeled drawers to the clear glass jars to allow colorful accessories to pop on the shelf.

In case you're craving something for your home, C Wonder has a killer sale at the moment; take an extra 50% off already on-sale items with the code "extra50" at checkout. Thanks to Emily at Emily Clark for the scoop! She picked out her favorite C Wonder pillows on sale here.



3 comments:

  1. The crepes and Iris Coffee Cupcakes look divine. I absolutely adore that office! The Martha Stewart cabinets and desks have caught my eye many times when I go into Home Depot. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I feel like I'd be crazy if I didn't make those cupcakes!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger